Milo was first settled by Benjamin Sargent and his son, Theophilus. They came to the area from Methuen, MA in 1802. The Town of Milo was named after a famous athlete from Ancient Greece, Milo of Croton and incorporated January 21, 1823.

The Town of Milo is located at the Junction of the Sebec River and the Piscataquis River. The Pleasant River also runs through Milo, which is why Milo is known as the Town of Three Rivers. The total area of Milo is 33.96 square miles with .98 of it being water.

The Town of Milo is also close to Schoodic Lake, which provides boating and fishing activities to residents and visitors alike. There are ATV and Snowmobile trails throughout the area, and hiking trails are nearby in KI and Jo-Mary Regions. Mount Katahdin and Borestone are only a short distance from the area. Being in Milo, we are approximately 45 minutes away from Bangor, Newport, Greenville, Millinocket and Lincoln.